- This event has passed.
Earth Day 2021
Celebrate Earth Day 2021 with The Villas at Arlington!
NATIONAL EARTH DAY HISTORY
In 1969, the concept of Earth Day was established at a UNESCO Conference in San Francisco. On March 21, 1970, a sanctioned Proclamation was signed by Secretary General U Thant at the United Nations. A month later, on April 22, 1970, U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson founded Earth Day. Environmentalists held rallies in large cities around the country. The observance became a global event in 1990 and hasn’t stopped since. While National Earth Day is not considered a national holiday we encourage you to learn more.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalEarthDay
Celebrate by engaging in Earth Day activities in your area. Ways to participate include:
- Support and use recycling programs in your community.
- Volunteer to clean up your neighborhood and local parks on clean up days.
- Repurpose items that have outworn their use.
- Walk or ride your bike to work if possible.
- Carpool or make one trip instead of multiple trips for shopping.
Check out some other fun ideas at https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/138729/10-things-you-can-do-to-celebrate-earth-day-from-home/